Sunday, April 22, 2007

Prayer

This has nothing to do with the lesson this week, but it struck me as one of those "profound" things that appear seemingly from out of nowhere.

I was browsing (not really reading) through Philip Yancey's book Prayer - Does It Make Any Difference and came across this sentence:
"Most of my struggles in the Christian life circle around the same two themes: why God doesn't act the way we want God to, and why I don't act the way God wants me to."

I don't know about you, but for me this is akin to mind reading! How did he capture my confusion so clearly?

Amazing!

1 comment:

FancyPants said...

Why doesn't God act the way we want him to...

That will probably be a point of frusteration my whole life.

Like, God, if you would just speak in that out loud, audible, deep and booming voice, things would be so much easier. Or God, you gave Moses a burning bush. Why can't you give me a burning bush?